My New Favorite Movie!

To understand the very nature of media and politics in the United States one does not have to look much further than Elia Kazan‘s A FACE IN THE CROWD.  I recently watched it after much time ‘planning too’ and was blown away by Kazan’s direction, the cinematography (camera placement to be precise), the performances of all the actor’s particularly the work of Patricia Neal, and the writing of Bud Schulberg.  The film also stars Andy Griffith and Anthony Franciosa.

I knew the concept but still went into this one pretty blind and so should you.  The trailer and synopsis, in my opinion, give to much of the film away.   However, it is still a worthwhile journey.   See this prophetic film to understand the presidency of George W. Bush, the fame and success of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Snooki and to a greater extent the way politics, business, media and entertainment have become entangled.

The political context of the film is a part of the reason Schulberg & Kazan put so much into this one.  Like much of Kazan’s more intense work, it was produced after they were swept up in the anti-communist movement led by Senator Joseph McCarthy and the House of Un-American Activities Committee investigations.  That is an aspect of Kazan and Shulberg’s journey worth looking further into.  Art born out of the true complexities of life is always far more interesting.  A FACE IN THE CROWD is one piece of such art that should not be overlooked.  In fact, it should be required.

COMMENTS / 10 COMMENTS

Oh what a brilliant film! Marlon Brando gives his ceearr performance here in my opinion. Yes, even over the Godfather and A Streetcar Named Desire Love the blog, will check back soon!

Amina added these pithy words on Oct 14 15 at 6:29 pm

Hahahaha. I’m not too bright today. Great post!

http://www.url2go.xyz/dianakupke.id.au added these pithy words on Dec 05 15 at 2:10 pm

Jun25sagar thapa dai lai dheri dheri badi chha dai ko aba auuna life ramro sangha bitos dai la pheri hami lai naya naya kakryaram marfat hausunuhos dai lai pheri yakpalta badichha

Douglas added these pithy words on Dec 19 15 at 3:42 pm

I told my kids we’d play after I found what I needed. Damnit.

cheap sr22 insurance Fremont CA added these pithy words on Mar 07 16 at 2:00 am

Until I found this I thought I’d have to spend the day inside.

http://www.sio2customs.com/ added these pithy words on Apr 06 16 at 3:08 pm

When u activate 3g first time on ur sim,u will get 250mb free 3g data,u won’t lose 2g data which was activated before but it can be used only with 2g mode.If above given trick works for anyone pls comment.

car insurance quotes added these pithy words on May 20 16 at 2:31 pm

About the AuthorI am an author and inspiration public speaker who teaches other authors and speakers how to maximize their efforts to increase financial and career goals.

car insurance added these pithy words on Jun 05 16 at 7:19 pm

it’s unbelievable how much simpler and more enjoyable getting dressed is now. The trick is keeping it that way and not going through any type of empty-nest-like syndrome and refilling the space. Let me know how you do and I’ll do the same Thank you for reading & sharing!

http://www.musikafricana.com/ added these pithy words on Jun 26 16 at 2:43 pm

Congrats to you and your family. I was reading some other posts about the sickness. I was totally opposite. Horrible, horrible sickness 24/7 for the entire 9 months and had a girl. She was soooo worth it though!

http://www.realpussiness.com/ added these pithy words on Jun 27 16 at 3:33 pm